Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, nonworking or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E waste defined as electrical and electronic equipment, whole or manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
E-waste contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
Brief on general scheme of collection
We M/s. JSA WEB SOLUTIONS, is a authorized recycling and refurbishment facility at Plot No
93, A4, Phase II, Jigani Industrial Area, Jigani Hobli, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore. For collection of
e-waste from different city M/s. JSA WEB SOLUTIONS have an agreement with logistic partner
M/s Vijayalakshmi Enterprises (DTDC). We will collect our all E-waste on PAN india Basis with
the help of our logistic partner and recycle the E-waste at our authorized recycling facility.
For collection of e-waste, if any customer wants to handover their old product they can reach us
on our Toll Free No 1800 532 65781. Our representatives explain them about process of
disposal of e-waste and make them aware about nearest drop point. If any customer wants to
handover the e-waste from their door steps we do send either our logistics team to collect the
items and channelize the same to our e-waste plant for final processing. The Toll Free No 1800-
532-65781 will be provided in the product brochure and on the marking stickers also. During the
collection of the e-waste, Customer will be provided with the receipt with the product description
that can be used to gain the benefits of our E-Waste
Benefit of recycling of E-waste:
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being landfilled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings - Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources - Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others - Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space - E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centres/points to Dispose products that have reached end-of life.
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centres/Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.